Type : chiffon cake
Level of difficulty : medium
Mood : better
This is going to be a quick post. Already half past nine pm. Mas Fatih still coughing. Nevertheless, he has to face mid exam tomorrow 😦 .
Didn’t plan to bake this, but suddenly want a “light” snack. Chiffon never fails me. Look at the texture, perfect pores.
Walking through my bookmark list, found this interesting recipe. Why, cause this involving my fav drink, c o f f e e…
Made an adjustment on the topping, I still have lots of almond flakes. Do check the original recipe at kimmy cooking pleasure.
2 tbsp instant coffee granules
Dissolve coffee granules in warm milk. Leave to cool.
50 ml warm milk
4 egg yolks
4 tbsp castor sugar
4 tbsp corn oil
100 gm plain flour – sifted
4 egg whites
1/4 tsp cream of tartar (replace with 1 tsp lemon juice)
3 tbsp castor sugar
Some roasted black and white
sesame seeds (replace with almond flakes n choco chip)
1. Beat together egg yolks and sugar in a mixing bowl with a hand whisk till blended. Slowly add in oil and continue whisking till well combined.
Slowly drizzle in coffee mixture, continue to whisk till well combined and slightly fluffy. Fold in sifted plain flour till combined. Set aside.
2. Put egg white in cake mixer bowl [make sure bowl in clean and ungreased]. Whisk egg whites till a little foamy, add in cream of tartar, continue whisking till foamy and add in sugar spoon by spoon. Keep whisking egg white mixture till soft peaks formed.
3. Preheat oven at 180 degrees Celsius. Fold in 1/3 of meringue to egg yolk mixture. Mix evenly till well combined. Then pour into balance egg meringue. Fold till evenly combined. Pour batter into 7 inch ungreased chiffon pan.
Smooth the top with a spatula and sprinkle toasted sesame seeds.
4. Baked in preheat oven [lower rack] for 35 – 40 minutes.
5. Invert baked cake immediately
to cool completely before removing from pan.
Let me introduce you to our chiffon girl…
Good night all…